Expert Choice Cellular
Free Government Cell Phone

Free Government Cell Phone Service - West Virginia

West Virginia residents receiving government assistance are qualified for free cellular phone service at no charge.

Apply Now!

Get started right away! Just fill out the form on-line, submit it, and you'll get your free wireless handset right away, ready to make calls on a free minutes plan.

WV wireless plan

You'll get 1000 minutes per month for free and a free handset. If that's not enough minutes, you can purchase more at great low rates on a pay-as-you go basis. You can place and receive long distance calls and local calls, access voicemail, and do text messaging.

Every month your minutes will automatically refresh. You won't get a bill because the plan is FREE!. There is no contract, no credit check, and no obligation. Cancel whenever you want. But, there's no reason to cancel because it's FREE.


To qualify for the free gov't mobile plan, your household income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Level or, you must be currently enrolled in at least one of the following government ass't programs:

  • Supplemental Nutrition Ass't Program (SNAP or Food Stamps)
  • Federal Public Housing (Section 8)
  • Supplemental Security Income
  • Veteran’s Pension or Survivor’s Pension Benefit
  • Medicaid

WV wireless plan

Minutes on the 1000 minute per month plan expire each month on your cycle date and do not roll over. Text messaging is also available on this plan.


Easy to Get FREE Wireless Plan in WV!


All we need is for you to submit the on-line application form along with any required documentation. We'll get your phone out to you right away!
No bills, no contract.
Pay nothing! EVER!

Your service will remain active for as long as you are eligible for Lifeline benefits. However, if your voice minutes are unused for a period of 30 days, it will be disconnected and you will be de-enrolled from the program. Lifeline benefits are limited to one per household.

Your provider of free gov't wireless plans in West Virginia.